- UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Please keep in mind that
we are still under construction. The roads have not been final graveled
or final graded. The same holds true with many of the driveways. You
are welcome to explore all Cherokee Forest by foot for the present time.
However, please be advised that you do so at your own risk.
- SLIPPERY WHEN WET: Red clay is like ice when
wet! DO NOT attempt to drive any vehicle, even 4 wheel drives, on wet
clay roads. Like climbing a tree...going up can be easy, it's the coming
down that can be a problem. Dry clay will drive just fine.
- ROADS AND THE DOT: The lower road as well as
much of the upper roadS (not yet open) will be constructed as close
to N.C. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) as possible given our
mountainous terrain. Here's why: the D.O.T. may accept and take over
the maintenance of certain private roads provided the road meets their
specifications. However, if the road is not built to their specs, they
WILL NOT take it over - period. We have done our best to adhere to D.O.T.
specs so that the homeowners will have the ability to decide if they
want to petition the D.O.T. for possible takeover. If the D.O.T. accepts
and takes over maintenance of the road, it will relieve homeowners of
this burden, thereby saving substantially on Homeowner Association dues,
possible future paving, etc. In any event, it sure makes for a nice
wider and safer road.
- ONE WAY IN & ONE WAY OUT SECURITY: Cherokee ia
a natural wilderness cove. The roads within its boundary do not and
will not connect to any others, even if the D.O.T. should takeover somewhere
down the road. This will provide excellent security and privacy for
- VIEWS AND TREES: Our job as developers is to
lay out the "master plan". We strive to locate the best home sites 300-400
feet from each other and preserve maximum buffers for the privacy of
each. We could have logged the land and probably sold enough timber
to pay for the roads. Instead, we left the trees trees so that the individual
homeowner may decide how they wish to preserve their land and open up
the view of their choosing.
- DRIVEWAYS: All driveways will have a small turnaround
area at the end, so feel free to venture down each. However, please
respect the privacy of those parcels that are marked "sold" by not entering
their driveways or property. Unless otherwise noted, each parcel includes
a private, or semi private, graveled driveway to the house site areas.
- ASSISTANCE IN BUILDING YOUR DREAMS: Buying the
land is often the easy part. Building the home of your dreams can be
another story. We will be glad to share our knowledge of local builders,
sources, sub-contractors and the like.
- 6 miles to new Cherokee Walmart
- 2 miles to new Cherokee Public Golf Course
- 2 miles to Smoky Mountain Country Club Golf Course
- 1 mile to Highway 74 West (4 lane)
- 5 miles to Bryson City
- Cell phone friendly throughout
- 3 miles to Cherokee Exit on Highway 74
- 10 miles to Dillsboro
- 1/2 mile to U.S Post Office
- 14 miles to Harris Regional Hospital & Medical Center
- 7 miles to Swain County Hospital
- Heavily wooded - no logging, water, mountain and some river views